Thursday 6 January 2011

Happy New Year to Me!

Yeah I know, here I go again trying to flog a horse that’s well and truly dead. A bit futile seeing as I have a pretty good idea how this is gonna end; with me too bloody pre-occupied with other things to string a post together. Oh well, let’s see how far I can push this old jalopy before it sputters and dies yet again.

So I’m stoked about the New Year. Last year was a bit shit. I had more crap kicked in my face than I’ve ever had to deal with before. Left me a little punch-drunk, a little unsteady on my feet. My optimism, sense of humour and patience took quite a serious beating. But I seem to have acquired nerves of steel and a rather thick hide.

So why am I so psyched about 2011? See, I reckon life can’t get any shittier. Then again with my luck it just might. But I’m a tougher broad now. I’ll just roll up my sleeves and make a fist.

So here’s to a year of naked navel-gazing. If I manage 12 posts in the next year I’ll be happy. This is me managing my own expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment