Friday 5 August 2011

Weight Gains and The Human Stain

Low point. Finally clambering onto a scale this morning. Shock and horror - 62 bloody kgs! Now that might not seem a lot but I’m not exactly big-boned so I can’t even use that excuse. Mostly boobage though coz I’m one of those thin girls with the boobs of a fat chick plopped on their chests. Told my instructor about the weight gain and before I knew it, I was signed up for boot-camp starting Tuesday morning. How I’m supposed to drag myself into Central London for a 7.30 class I’m not sure, but it’s time to knuckle down and get the gym thing done properly. None of this half-assed once-twice a week visits.

Highlight of my day – catching Philip Roth's The Human Stain on TV just as I was about to turn in. Probably the only readable thing he’s ever written. Didn't even know they'd turned it into a movie. Made Zuckerman almost twenty years younger, not that I mind staring at Gary Sinise’s pretty face.

Movie didn't do the book any justice.

1 comment:

  1. welcome to my world just cant imagine someone complaining of a mere 62kg.when i hit a five+ mark just yesterday from 65..i started skipping rope today morning and my chest was burning.

    ReplyDelete